Re: From the 2021 Ultralight Radio Shootout-- XHDATA D-808 Full Review

Les Rayburn

Welcome to the group.

Quality control with any product is a challenge. It’s clear from reading your review that you received a “lemon” (bad sample) of the D-808.  The unit that you received does not perform similar to what users here have experienced.

For example, the DSP audio bandwidth settings are quite accurate with 4 kHz and 2.5 kHz being very close to exactly that when viewed on an audio waveform here.

Performance wise, the XHDATA D-808 ranks among the best portables that I’ve ever owned. I’d recommend purchasing another one before giving up on this stellar performer.

Best of DX to you.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

NRC & IRCA Courtesy Program Committee Chairman
Member WTFDA, MWC

Perseus SDR, Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy + Discovery, SDRPlay RSP-2 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD [XDR Guy Modified], Dennon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1X, Ray Dees RDS Decoders, Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Kitz Technologies KT-501 Pre-amps, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.

“Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else’s favorite song…”

On Mar 3, 2021, at 4:16 AM, Zacharias Liangas via groups.io <zliangas@...> wrote:

Hello Gary  I just entered to  this group
My proposal: tit is better to post your files in pdf form for security reasons

Here is my report /review  for the XHdata 808 with a few interesting opinions after along test before giving it back - I was not impressed for its ...sound
https://zachs-radiopage.blogspot.com/2020/11/808-xh-data-important-notices.html