Re: From the 2021 Ultralight Radio Shootout-- XHDATA D-808 Full Review

Gary DeBock

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 10:48 AM, Dave613 wrote:
Thanks for the great review, glad you highlighted the possible design plagiarism (I feel less guilty about owning the 808 since I also have the CC Crane original...). One thing I noticed is you wrote that your radio did not have squelch on Air Band; mine (bought about 18mo ago) actually does.
On my example:
Hardware: squelch available on all bands (including air);
Manual: states squelch only available on air.
Hi Dave,

Hmm-- very interesting! My D-808 manual says nothing about a squelch capability, so apparently not all D-808 manuals are created equal.

I'm current on an ocean coast DXpedition and unable to investigate further, but the 2021 Shootout article will be updated to include your information. Thanks!

Gary DeBock (in Manzanita, OR, USA)