Re: Returning to the world of ULR DXing, what's on the approved list these days???

Mike Sanburn

Welcome !! You might also get in contact with the International Radio Club of America.  It is mostly involved with AM DXing and has many technical articles/reprints available.  They have a Facebook Page, message board on groups.io , and a website which is listed below:
www.ircaonline.org    ---Mike Sanburn
Visit International Radio Club of America. Browse information and resources for International Radio Club of America
www.ircaonline.org

From: main@UltralightDX.groups.io <main@UltralightDX.groups.io> on behalf of Jock Elliott <jock.elliott@...>
Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2021 12:41 PM
To: main@ultralightdx.groups.io <main@ultralightdx.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [UltralightDX] Returning to the world of ULR DXing, what's on the approved list these days???

First, recognize that I am the new guy here, so I have no standing in terms of experience. Second, please recognize that I am not trying to alter or change the Ultralight DX group. One of the very cool things about this group is that its members seem to be focused on squeezing the very last erg of performance out of their radios.

Having said that, as I poke around the MW DX world, there doesn't seem to be a group that is focused on optimizing the tools and techniques of portable radios in general for MW DX. If such a group exists, would you point me in the right direction?

If such a group does not exist, is it possible that there is room for heavyweight and mediumweight classes of portables here?

Cheers, Jock

Join main@UltralightDX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.