Re: Trans Tasman Logging - 11/02/2021

Paul Blundell

Just as an update to this, on Saturday night around 11:45pm, I was able to log and confirm this station again, this time it was "bare foot" on my AR-1733 receiver.
The signal was weak and barely heard above the noise but around 11:48pm, it had an opening for around 30 seconds which provided both an on-air ID and also a .co.nz url, during this time the signal was maxing out the signal meter but then fell back into the noise.

Paul

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 2:05 PM Paul Blundell via groups.io <tanger32au=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks Gary, it was a bit of a shock to hear this station at such a strong signal level.

I am working on a list of the most likely NZ stations to target. I did have a few nights planned away next month on the east coast but this has been pushed out until the middle of the year.

Paul

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 11:37 AM Gary DeBock via groups.io <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Nice logging, Paul!

Your peak time for tracking down Kiwi signals should be around your local sunset, especially if you can manage to try this on an eastern Tasmanian ocean beach. You'll probably find quite a few New Zealand signals hitting S9 peaks at those locations, and possibly 558-Fiji (now that 7BU has bailed). 1017-Tonga might also win the horse race with Sydney's 2KY.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)