Re: 2EA on 1107kHz

Paul Blundell

Last night the signal from this (and other NSW stations) was much better, I was able to get a positive ID of it. This means I will be able to exclude this easier when trying to track down the NZ station.

Paul

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 7:28 PM Jorge Garz贸n via groups.io <iberiaDX=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Paul,聽
While I was reading your message I remembered my days in 'Oz'. I lived in Sydney (Croydon) for a year and a half and then I travelled across the country for six months more. Fascinating country! At that time I was a proud member of the 'Coast & Mountain Walkers of NSW' who helped me to discover the outstanding wild Australia. In one of my trips I made some FM and MW scans from Mount Kosciuszko, it was 1990... Unfortunately that documents are gone now but I still keep the stickers that the stations kindly sent.

I had a small 3el yagi (DIY) and a Sony 7600DS. I sketched a 360掳 compass in a paper showing the beams to Sydney, Camberra, Melbourne and others in order to know where the signals were coming from. A few signals, weak ones, but that 'Azimuth map' helped very much.聽

So I remembered that when I saw your beam lines to Sydney and North NZ and would like to point the importance to briefly study beams to work with directional antennae and ferrites, most of the times unlike us, they are right. 馃槈

隆Buen DX!聽

Jorge Garz贸n Guti茅rrez "IberiaDX"聽
(EB7EFA 路 EA1036 SWL 路 BDXC Member 1409)聽
QTH: IN83ag / 43潞15' N 路 03潞56' W
Urb. San Roque 95, casa 5 (Villasevil)
39698 Santiurde de Toranzo (ESPA脩A - SPAIN)
Blog: IberiaDX聽聽路聽Twitter: @IberiaDX

En martes, 2 de febrero de 2021 23:56:46 CET, Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> escribi贸:

Thanks Dan.

I had a good listen last night, the signal from 2EA was much better.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 9:19 PM Dan Merta <dnmerta0@...> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 06:09 PM, Paul Blundell wrote:
Magic Talk Tauranga
According to their website a talkback program is on overnight from 11.00pm.聽

https://www.magic.co.nz/home/shows/talk/magic-overnights.html

2EA has the BBC world service on at night I think.聽
Dan.