Re: dead CC Skywave followed by recovery

Paul Blundell

Mine was left for a couple of days. I now swap the batteries over before they totally run out.

On Wed, 3 Feb 2021, 20:15 Marc Coevoet, <sintsixtus@...> wrote:
Op 3/02/2021 om 03:27 schreef Nick Hall-Patch:
> Has anyone run into such a problem as this?
>
> I was lucky enough to spend some time in Malawi about six weeks ago, and
> took along a CC Skywave for some of the more adventurous portions of the
> trip, intending to get an idea of the AM and FM bands there, away from
> city noise.     Unfortunately, it didn't work.   It would switch on OK,
> indicate and tune frequencies, but, dead quiet.   Tried replacing the
> batteries, but still, no signals.

Maybe the radio must be left without batteries fr some days, to empty
the voltages inside, eg for memories ...

Marc
PS: I do have a Rotel rt11 tuner with defect memories ... always starts
up with a dab scan ..

For former Apple users: Xubuntu.org (menu's up left)
For former Windows users: Lubuntu.org (menu's down left)