Mini-FSL for CCrane Skywave

Les Rayburn

I’m the proud owner of a “Mini-FSL” antenna that is attached to a Tecsun PL-380 that works very well for portable DXing. But I prefer the ergonomic touches of the CCrane Skywave model especially in regards to tuning. My focus isn’t on TA or TP signals, but rather domestic DXing.

Has anyone modified a CCrane Skywave to add an external FSL antenna? Wondering if it might benefit from the addition of the FSL and how difficult the modification might be.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

NRC & IRCA Courtesy Program Committee Chairman
Member WTFDA, MWC

Perseus SDR, Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy + Discovery, SDRPlay RSP-2 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD [XDR Guy Modified], Dennon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1X, Ray Dees RDS Decoders, Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Kitz Technologies KT-501 Pre-amps, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.

“Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else’s favorite song…”