Re: Happy Ultralight New Year (Read at Own Risk)

Gary DeBock

On Fri, Jan 1, 2021 at 05:51 AM, Phillip Fimiani wrote:
Happy New Year Gary,

Spent the early morning listening to AM on the east coast on my ATS909, picked up 33 stations easily. My PL380 ... 1 station!! Time to open up an have a look see...  It has the added ferrite coil on the outside, but its dead as a doornail.... Even my SRF-39 picks up a lot....without an external inductive coil !

Fun for the new year...

Happy New Year Phil (and Paul, Keith and All),

Phil, it sounds like your PL-380 might have one of the external ferrite coil leads disconnected from the RF circuit board. The PL-380' circuit board connection points for the loopstick are kind of flimsy, and subject to problems like this unless the Litz wire is soldered very carefully, with minimum heat and solder,

Gary

.