Re: Radio Plans 2021

Paul Blundell

Glad to hear you are making progress with all of this Peter.

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 2:03 PM Peter Laws <plaws0@...> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 2:16 PM Peter Laws <plaws0@...> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 10:01 PM Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:
> >
> > With the end of the year cheaping up fast, what are all of our radio plans for 2021?
>
> I need to up my game in the sub-let's-call-it-2000-kHz spectrum.  I
> will likely start with an MLA-30+ because it's easy.  Before I do
> that, the 2-m and 70-cm IsoPoles need to go back up now that the
> house-painting is done (it's been done a while - I am slow).
>
> I am contemplating a Beverage or other long wire for MWDXing but the
> mag loop is much more likely to actually happen given the 12456 other
> unfinished projects weighing me down.  :-)   (projects like getting
> the dead bands on my recently acquired Realistic DX-160 working and
> figuring out how to "restore" the buttons on my Tecsun PL-606 not to
> mention finishing the audio interface box for my Icom IC-910 ...)

I've actually made some progress.  The IsoPoles are back up and in
service (and then the Icom dual-band radio I used with them died ...
but I had another).

And I took the PL-606 apart (I still need to put that video online)
but the keyboard's not much better.

And the MLA-30+ finally arrived today.    :-)