Re: Radio Plans 2021

Peter Laws

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 2:16 PM Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 10:01 PM Paul Blundell <tanger32au@gmail.com> wrote:

With the end of the year cheaping up fast, what are all of our radio plans for 2021?
I need to up my game in the sub-let's-call-it-2000-kHz spectrum. I
will likely start with an MLA-30+ because it's easy. Before I do
that, the 2-m and 70-cm IsoPoles need to go back up now that the
house-painting is done (it's been done a while - I am slow).

I am contemplating a Beverage or other long wire for MWDXing but the
mag loop is much more likely to actually happen given the 12456 other
unfinished projects weighing me down. :-) (projects like getting
the dead bands on my recently acquired Realistic DX-160 working and
figuring out how to "restore" the buttons on my Tecsun PL-606 not to
mention finishing the audio interface box for my Icom IC-910 ...)
I've actually made some progress. The IsoPoles are back up and in
service (and then the Icom dual-band radio I used with them died ...
but I had another).

And I took the PL-606 apart (I still need to put that video online)
but the keyboard's not much better.

And the MLA-30+ finally arrived today. :-)