Re: Batteries

Phil Pasteur

Edited

Just a tip from experience. Alkaline batteries are...well alkaline. I use something acidic when I clean up the mess. Usually some kind of vinegar. But lemon juice also works. Once the bubbling is over, I clean with water enought o neutralize the vinragr. Now I am talking water saturated cotton swabs. Not a fire hose...:) Then drying well with swabs or something absorbent (tissue, paper towels, etc.).
 Then I treat the contacts with Deoxit. (Red then Gold). If the contacts are mostly intact, this rescues the unit every time.