Re: Batteries

radiojayallen

Just to be clear, any battery can leak but generally speaking typical alkaline or carbon zinc cells do not leak until they are depleted and the outer case has been reduced in thickness and perhaps corroded. I too have had good luck with Energizers and never had one leak on me but I once bought a piece of used equipment which contained long dead Energizers in it and they had indeed leaked.

But this discussion about Duracells is a completely different thing because in the past few years they have been known to leak even when new and definitely before they were used up, which is something we haven't seen in other batteries.

Jay