Re: Local Power Lines and DXing

Paul Blundell

Back in the early to mid 2000's here they were trying BPL, I know some of the local amateurs kicked up about it and it was stopped. Now we have the MTM NBN, those of us who have fibre are in a much better position than those who don't.

Paul

On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 10:47 PM Michael.2E0IHW via groups.io <blumu=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
We are in rural SW England and  have overhead power and telephone lines,
the latter swamping HF reception with VDSL outspew.

Recently, a new 11kV-230V transformer was installed in the adjacent field.
Even before our houses were re-connected, QRM jumped up to about S6-7.
In the 8 hours without mains power, noise was S1.
(The friendly chaps also put their digger shovel through our water-supply pipe...)

Michael UK

On 07/12/2020 11:34, radiojayallen wrote:
Yes, you can walk around your neighborhood and listen.
And driving around you will hear how the noise from overhead lines varies.