Re: AR-1733 Fault

Paul Blundell

I have owned a few of these and this is the first one that has done this.

Paul

On Mon., 23 Nov. 2020, 22:56 Michael.2E0IHW via groups.io, <blumu=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
The same happened to mine. I was happy with it until then...
Before donating it to landfill, I will probably tear it apart and
see if any bits can be recycled. Maybe the speaker...

Michael UK

On 23/11/2020 10:25, Paul Blundell wrote:
Over the weekend, my AR-1733 died. The display went off, thinking it was flat batteries I swapped these over, this made no difference.

Today I returned it to Jaycar, they have seen this before, if the batteries go dead flat, they can lock up and even with new batteries they won't work.

End rest is a new radio which does work. If you have one of these, please keep this in mind.