Re: Ultralight DX Challenge. News from Spain.

Gary DeBock

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 01:54 AM, Jorge Garzón wrote:
The Ultralight DX Challenge is going on! Paul Logan has already achieve it in just 8 days, and I am now at 225 stations heard. I decided to listen to the band twice a day a couple of hours each as I am working and also love going bushwalking.

We are still using the tag #ultralightdx in Twitter, and now there are three more people in the Challenge, from Germany, Spain and Portugal. Some people seem to have embraced the idea with interest! In my blog 'IberiaDX' I post daily to keep the records up-to-date.
Wow, awesome news, Jorge!

Thanks for letting us all know of the Ultralight DX Challenge excitement spreading across Europe-- it is similar to our excitement here in North America during the Ultralight Radio boom year of 2008. We were posting so much Ultralight-related news on the North American IRCA club list that they secretly asked John Bryant (a famous DXer) to persuade us to move away from the IRCA list, and form our own email list-- which we did. John Bryant himself then caught the "Ultralight bug," and became one of our group's leaders!

As for the Ultralight DX Challenge awards for you and your friends in Europe, please feel free to review their information, and issue the Award Certificates for them and yourself at any time, Jorge. We are thrilled at your progress, and wish all of you in Europe the best of Ultralight DX!

73, Gary DeBock, N7EKX (in Puyallup, WA, USA)