Re: Long Term DX Project - 12/11/2020 - Oatlands

Paul Blundell

Thanks Jorge. I think it helps to build up the hobby and gives us all an insight in to what others are doing.

On Thu., 12 Nov. 2020, 20:18 Jorge Garz贸n via groups.io, <iberiaDX=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Morning! (here in the Old Europe) 馃槈
Nice to see that picture. Your 'portable' desk in the wild reminds me a section that I edited in the first DX Club where I was a member. The name of that monthly column was "Among us".聽 People sent a summary of his/her DXing steps in the hobby or whatever, and a brief paragraph with one or two pictures. It probed to be very popular and I think that helped to improve the interest for the hobby.聽

I always remember the Galeano words (Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayan writer and journalist)... "Life is not made with atoms and molecules, is made up of stories. Stories of people like you and I. Some are typical, other does not show any interest and there are a few unbelievable, but all of them are, in a way, extraordinary. Only these stories link our present with our memories and the past, which will help to face and build, in a way, our future".聽

It wouldn't a trifle (not sure of this expression) 馃 to build our "Ultralight stories" and know each other in a better way. I am sure there are tons of knowledge out there to share and learn from.聽
隆Saludos!聽

Jorge Garz贸n (EB7EFA 路 EA1036 SWL)聽
QTH: IN83ag / 43潞15' N 路 03潞56' W
Urb. San Roque 95, casa 5 (Villasevil)
39698 Santiurde de Toranzo (ESPA脩A - SPAIN)
Blog: IberiaDX聽聽路聽Twitter: @IberiaDX

En jueves, 12 de noviembre de 2020 03:30:43 CET, Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> escribi贸:

Date: 12/11/2020

Time: 10:45am

Location: Oatlands, Tasmania

Notes: A mid-morning session on my drive to Hobart for work. As this was mainly a work trip, I didn鈥檛 bring my 3鈥 FSL, instead I was only using the internal bar aerial, this would explain the generally weaker signals plus I was about 130km further South than normal.

FREQ

CALLSIGN

LOGGED

DATE