Re: Awards Program

Gary DeBock

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 02:47 PM, Paul Blundell wrote:
How much work would it involve? I am happy to help out with it. Do we need to look at "revamping" them a bit?

Paul
Paul,

The administration and preparation of the Award Certificates would require skill in Adobe photoshop software, since new certificates are made by altering previously awarded certificates (and master samples). In addition, a serious donation of time and effort would be involved, since multiple applications can be received at any time, the processing of which could seriously impact your DXing time (and other activities). It is not unusual to have a backlog of 15 or 20 certificates waiting to be prepared, with the applicants wondering why they have not yet received them (and sending emails to that effect). It is for these reasons that I reluctantly decided to stop taking these applications about 4 years ago, due to a lack of free hobby time.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)