Soft mute disable

Ken Kizer

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 15:22:10 +0200, Rémy Friess via groups.io
<rfriess=rfnet.fr@groups.io> wrote:

OK, now I see what you mean by soft-mute. But mind you, on the PL380 it
can be deactivated relatively simply. Here's how to go about it:

1/ press VF

1 [2]/ tune the receiver to an unused SW frequency.

2 [3]/ press and hold VF

4/ when the receiver starts scanning tune down. The background noise
becomes stronger, which shows that this "soft-mute" is no longer active.

Unfortunately it becomes active again when you switch the set off, and
so you have do it all over again when you switch it on again.

It might work with other Tecsun models, I don't know. Maybe you could
try it with the PL-330. It might also improve the action of the synch
detector.

Regards,

Rémy.
Brilliant. The only thing I've seen that works with the PL-390, the
model I own.