August 2020 Rockwork Cliff DXpedition Video

Gary DeBock

Take a break from the wacky Pandemic and escape with Tom Rothlisberger and me to a wild, plunging cliff on the Oregon coast-- 500 feet (150m) straight down to the Pacific.

Shot right in the middle of an intense South Pacific DU-DXing session Monday morning at 1316 UTC, the video features the usual overcrowded conditions with squatters, 18-wheelers and tight real estate-- not to mention Tom's record-breaking broadband loop and 5 of my FSL antennas on PVC bases-- all crammed into any remaining space. Ocean scenery was awesome just after sunrise from our highly elevated perch, but my focus was on three of the all-new design 8 inch (20 cm) Medium Wave FSL antennas, designed to replace the 15" and 17" monster FSL's. The new 9.5 lb. wonders have provided ALL of the AM-DX recordings posted during this trip, proving that you can have awesome FSL-based DXpedition fun without having to go through a weightlifter training course. The 7.5" loopstick CC Skywave and XHDATA D-808 portables are also featured in their actual DXing setup modes, and my partner Tom makes a brief appearance, in full agreement with my assessment that we wouldn't trade this wild place for anywhere else in the world!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea0oEWlC6UM&feature=youtu.be

Gary DeBock (DXing with Tom Rothlisberger at the Rockwork 4 Ocean Cliff near Manzanita, OR, USA)