Re: 18650 battery test in Xhdata D-808 radio

Mark Roberts

I have two D-808's and they show somewhat different results. It's true that they now have different batteries as well, but the radios behaved differently even when they had the same type of battery.

The two D-808's came from the same Israeli reseller, about a couple of months apart.

There are so many variations possible that it seems challenging to design a good experiment that would help clear the matter up.

I just got a Tecsun ICR-110, which uses the same kind of battery, possibly to power a 3-watt amplifier (very beefy sound on this one, not like the other Tecsuns I've had). The charge indicator is very different from other radios I've had. It will be interesting to see how long its battery lasts in service.