Re: 18650 battery test in Xhdata D-808 radio

Rémy Friess

What sort of battery is it?

My D-808 came with a 2000 mAh type. A friend of mine got a set with a 1600 mAh type, another with a 1200 mAh, and it seems some come with 3600 mAh batteries.

It seems they include the type of battery they can lay their hand on when dispatching the stuff.

Rémy.

Le 02/08/2020 à 14:37, radiojayallen a écrit :

I've been interested in reading about people's varying experiences with battery life on this radio. Since I had never noticed a problem with battery life on my XHDATA D-808 with its original battery compared with other rechargeable radios (although it is one of many radios I regularly use in rotation so it's hard to judge), I am running an informal real-world test.

I charged the radio, then started using it for two hours a day on AM at medium volume with the light off. So far I have completed two weeks (14 days) which would amount to approximately 28 hours and although the battery meter initially drops rapidly it is still showing 2 bars. I will report total hours when it finally shuts off, but it seems clear that people are having vastly different results. Of course if I were playing it more loudly it would have certainly been depleted by now so there is a bit of subjectivity to this. But at least compared to other radios with internal rechargeable batteries the D-808 with it stock battery seems fine.

FWIW.

Jay