Re: Demo of my newly constructed 3.5" FSL

Gary DeBock

Paul,

The solution is a "rubber locking tab," which is precut on one side to fit around the curved PVC fitting, and cut flat on the other side to fit up against the rubber plumbing coupler. The rubber locking tab is then superglued to both of these surfaces, with the glue around the plumbing coupler allowed to contact the ends of a couple of ferrite rods. This glued-on rubber locking tab solves both problems.

I have attached a photo of a "rubber locking tab" on a new 6 inch FSL antenna, which is an all-new design incorporating all of the recent high-Q improvements with additional ferrite gain. These powerful new models provide sensitivity very close to the original 15" Monster FSL's-- without the $1K price.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)