Re: New Tecsun PL-398

Marc Coevoet

I own the pl 390 and pl 398mp, the one with sd card slot.  I use it as my daily radio, to receive and compare reception.  I suppose they are indentical, except for mp or bt.

Marc Coevoet

Op zo 14 jun. 2020 17:38 schreef dwight richardson <rdrala77@...>:

Does anyone have experience with new Tecsun PL-398?  The only review I have seen says that it has a longer MW ferrite loop than the 310. Which is predictable since it has twin 2” speakers vs one on the 310. It was said that the 310 sounded better even with single speaker. And also since it’s a little larger it may fall outside ULR parameters. Also has Bluetooth. Which seem sort of anti climatic being sub par speakers. Redeeming quality seems to be reception. Both on MW and FM.  Supposedly pretty good. So has anyone tried one out yet?
--

Bob Richardson
Tuscaloosa,  AL