Re: Tecsun PL-310 vs PL-380

Rémy Friess

As far as I know soft-mute can be de-activated on both receivers.

I find the recessed tuning-knob to be advantage rather. If you travel a lot and take your pl-310 in an out of your suitcase or move it around a lot the tuning-knob can easily fall off. I lost mine twice. This cannot happen with the PL-380.

Le 17/05/2020 à 14:01, h. garcia a écrit :

Here's what I recall, but please, double check it... This is top of my head:

PL-310

Goods: antenna jack; real, external tuning knob (you can use two fingers)

Not so good: noticeable soft-mute, in severe fading you need to detune by 1KHz to avoid the audio 'pumping' effect.

PL-380

Good: very little or no soft-mute

Not-so-good: no antenna jack; tuning knob is recessed, you can only use one finger, akin to the volume knob we're used to see with UL receivers.