Re: Tecsun PL-310 vs PL-380

h. garcia

Here's what I recall, but please, double check it... This is top of my head:

PL-310

Goods: antenna jack; real, external tuning knob (you can use two fingers)

Not so good: noticeable soft-mute, in severe fading you need to detune by 1KHz to avoid the audio 'pumping' effect.

PL-380

Good: very little or no soft-mute

Not-so-good: no antenna jack; tuning knob is recessed, you can only use one finger, akin to the volume knob we're used to see with UL receivers.

On Sun, May 17, 2020, 07:15 Rémy Friess <rfriess@...> wrote:

Le 17/05/2020 à 03:16, DXer a écrit :

> Both the volume and tuning encoders became 'independent' of me very
> early on. I want to increase the volume, it decreases it and vice-versa.
>
> The tuning encoder is the same, but also decides the tuning speed
> rate. I want to go slow, it goes faster and vice-versa._._,_._,_

I had a similar problem with the tuning knob of my Tecsun PL-660 once.
It seems this happens if the set (or the knob) has not been used for a
while.

I turned the knob for about 15 minutes at high speed in both directions
with power on and then it worked again.

I don't know if this will work with your 310ET, but you might want to try.

And yes the ET is not as good as the original 310. I replaced the 310
with the 310ET only to find that it was much less sensitive and the
audio was ghastly.

I then bought a PL-380 and I'm very pleased with it.

73, Rémy.