Re: Tecsun PL-310 vs PL-380

Rémy Friess

Le 17/05/2020 à 03:16, DXer a écrit :

Both the volume and tuning encoders became 'independent' of me very early on. I want to increase the volume, it decreases it and vice-versa.

The tuning encoder is the same, but also decides the tuning speed rate. I want to go slow, it goes faster and vice-versa._._,_._,_
I had a similar problem with the tuning knob of my Tecsun PL-660 once. It seems this happens if the set (or the knob) has not been used for a while.

I turned the knob for about 15 minutes at high speed in both directions with power on and then it worked again.

I don't know if this will work with your 310ET, but you might want to try.

And yes the ET is not as good as the original 310. I replaced the 310 with the 310ET only to find that it was much less sensitive and the audio was ghastly.

I then bought a PL-380 and I'm very pleased with it.

73, Rémy.