Re: PL-606 sticky buns ...

kevin asato <kc6pob@...>

I don't have a 606 but if the buttons have a rubberized coating, they deteriorate overtime and do get sticky. Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol will remove the stickiness (and also the coating!). i used the 90% which is more effective at removing the coating. 70% will work but it will take a bit more to perform the cleanup ... if you can find rubbing alcohol. Given the current environment, it can be pure unobtanium.
73,
kevin
kc6pob

On Saturday, May 16, 2020, 01:56:08 PM PDT, Peter Laws <plaws0@...> wrote:

OK, sticky BUTTONS.  AFAIK, I've never spilled anything on the '606
but the buttons are either hard to press or seem sticky.  Have not
taken it apart yet and not really afraid to, but thought I'd ask here
first.  The problem may be lack of use - I don't use it enough!  As it
warms up, I plan to do a little more porch-DXing, though, so maybe
this will fix it?

At any rate, if you have experience with PL-606 keyboards, please speak up!