Re: Tecsun PL-310 vs PL-380

Marc Coevoet

Op 16/05/2020 om 11:56 schreef Nick B.:

If you look in the files section here there is an article by Laurie Mann in section 6 showing how to use the spare contacts on the jack to connect an external loopstick, disconnecting the internal one. I’ve carried out that mod on mine this week, using an external 10-inch loopstick which was recovered from an older 1970s set. I’m very happy with the results so far, all I need to do now is figure out how to package up the loopstick to protect it from damage. The loopstick has two coils, MW and LW, the longwave performance is now like having a whole new radio.
There is a nice made antenna made for the silabs chip, one for AM, the other for LW, "made in Greece".

AM: https://www.sv2czf.com/rla200.html
LW: https://www.sv2czf.com/rlw200.html

A tunable stick for joining the internal ferrite is this one:

AM: https://www.sv2czf.com/rfa200.html
LW: https://www.sv2czf.com/rfl200.html

The whole list of RX antennas:
https://www.sv2czf.com/rxantennas.html

I own the rfa200, gives a good result on the Tecsun pl660.

And yes, I adapted the pl380 for an external antenna, but I forgot it in the garden, and after a rainfall it was dead.

Marc
For former Apple users: Xubuntu.org (menu's up left)
For former Windows users: Lubuntu.org (menu's down left)