Re: AM radio that use a chip for the receive circuitry

Kenny Murray

yes there are  sites that have this and often compare the radios..

simply put tho.. the new silicon labs chip does a good job.. in some general items

and also

a good preformer is the countycomm gp5ssb  whis is the same as the tecsun pl365

other makes are such as the kaito it has a larger ferrite

most folks can tell you the tecsun newer radios are best price preformance

i have the gp5ssb and live in the city in a brick structure and a lot of concrete.. works well for me and runs for days from batteries

======================== Kenneth J. Murray VO1KJM EM: murraykj709@... Telephone: 506-962-8401 ======================== Inmarsat: AOR WEST: 011-870-76-4156467 ============================================================================= Confidentiality : This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is adressed and may contain information which is confidential and privileged. Confidentiality and privilege are not lost by this email having been sent to the wrong person. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, please notify us by email and delete this document immediately. Any distribution, reproduction or other of this email by unintended recipient is prohibited.

On Saturday, April 4, 2020, 9:15:23 AM ADT, lamontcranston17 <nojunk@...> wrote:

I'm following a thread on a group with an argument about whether new AM radios are now mostly designed with a chip
for the radio receive circuitry.
  Does anyone have a website with either a list of radios using specific chips for the receive circuitry
or a list of the chips used for receive circuitry?

Thanks Mikek

Join main@UltralightDX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.