FSL antenna for SW? #ultralightdx

igvitk

Hi all! I was trying to make 3 inch FSL antenna for MW band, but I ordered less than necessary of AWG 250/46 litz, and did not get the required inductance (just 180 uh instead of 350 uh). As a result, I had an idea to left small number of turns and make an antenna for shortwave band (maybe 80 or 40 m), adding variable capacitor and coupling coil for connect to reciever. But confuses the fact that the permeability of the rods is too large for SW (400 instead 100), and this type of litz wire is also suitable for frequencies below SW. Perhaps these factors will spoil the quality of the SW antenna and the best way out is to simply order a new litz?