FM Radio Testing x 4

Paul Blundell

Recently I have been undertaking some testing of four Ultralight radios on the FM broadcast band, this focused on five FM frequencies. Below is a table which shows the results on each frequency for each radio. These were all undertaken with their standard aerials.

The Flea Market FMRAD2 is the radio which I use the least and is my "poorest" radio on the largewave band, here on the FM broadcast band it worked better than I was expecting and surprised me. I am glad I didn't write this radio off totally without testing it on the FM broadcast band.

Both the Teac PR130 and Digitech AR1733 worked as well I expected, neither was a standout in any way but both were around the performance I was expecting.

My new Digitech AR1690 was easily the standout, it preformed well on all frequencies and on all frequencies except one, it pulled in the best signals. The fact this is a FM / DAB+ only radio means it is tuned for these bands and does not have the compromises that also including the largewave band bring.

FREQUENCY - STATION
DIGITECH AR1690
TEAC PR130
FLEA MARKET FMRAD2