Re: Coronavirus and ULDXing

kevin asato

i thought it rather amusing when i read that Costco in Honolulu had placed limits on purchases of cases of water and toilet paper. Now the Costcos in the Los Angeles Area are doing the same. Where i live, there is a large Asian population; some of who normally where face masks for allergy reasons. However, due to a mild public panic, face masks have also been sold out in the mainstream drugstores and home improvement stores; not just the traditional Asian outlets.

From a listening perspective, it is the start of Baseball Spring Training and the Lakers are finishing their season. Both sports are ending up on my AM. From a DX perspective KTAR (620) in Phoenix makes it into Los Angeles regularly. KNBR (680) makes it down to Los Angeles every now and then.

73,
kevin
kc6pob

On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 9:30 PM Gary DeBock via Groups.Io <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Greetings from the USA's Coronavirus Hot Spot,

Even here in Washington state there is still widespread skepticism about the risk of a Coronavirus epidemic, at least in this suburban location about 50 miles south of the Kirkland epicenter. The vast majority of the public is still going about their everyday activities, as if nothing has changed.

By coincidence my wife works at Life Care Center on South Hill, Puyallup, the sister facility of the disastrous Kirkland nursing home (responsible for 17 of the USA deaths). A nursing home is the worst possible place for the Coronavirus to strike, since there are always many elderly patients with serious health issues, even before a contagious virus attacks. The Coronavirus was just the final straw for many of those sick patients.

My wife is from Hong Kong, where they had a deadly SARS epidemic in 2003 which killed over 300 people. That virus also came from China, but the CCP hushed up any information about the disease until over 300 Hong Kong citizens were already dead. It has left a legacy of deep distrust among Hong Kong citizens toward the Beijing regime, and disbelief of any information they disseminate.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)