Re: Good night for DX

Paul Blundell

Excellent report and good to hear about what you can get "bare foot".

On Sun, 8 Mar 2020, 8:57 a.m. micron327 via Groups.Io, <micron327=zoho.com@groups.io> wrote:
I live about 8 miles from the Gulf coast and DX here is excellent with lots of QRM free areas. Reception is pretty good here at my house even though there are 4 3,000 volt line 100 feet away. As long as I null the noise out I get good reception. I use a variety of commercial and home made antennas. Last night I was using my Kaito WRX-911 without any external antenna and picked up Fort De France radio RFO 1310 on the island of Martinique. It was clear and drifting a bit but not enough to loose the signal. 1,822 miles from here-not bad for $18.00 radio. Other stations WLS, WABC, KDKA, WHAS, and WSM to name a few. All in all a decent night.
73's
Ron

--
Paul - Moderator