Re: Portable Ultralight Radio DXing - 6/03/2020

Paul Blundell

Thanks Gary. Two weeks until my mini DXExpedition.

On Sat, 7 Mar 2020, 10:27 a.m. Gary DeBock via Groups.Io, <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 02:59 PM, Paul Blundell wrote:
Thank you. Over the next few months I am planning a lot more like this.
Paul,

If you can plan a visit to an ocean beach like this around sunset, you will probably be amazed at the long range DX that will show up from the eastern direction.

In Hawaii I was using gear very similar to yours, and came away with loggings of Egypt, Cuba, Bonaire (Caribbean), Colombia, Ecuador and Peru. Stations like 558-Fiji and multiple Kiwis should be in play for you. Give it a try!

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

--
Paul - Moderator
UltralightDX