Re: KKOH NV DX Test Heard in Central Indiana

Les Rayburn

Jim,

There seems to have been a nice “pipeline” from Reno to Massachusetts! Several reception reports from New England. Congratulations!

I literally had not a trace of the test here in Alabama, despite having a nice null on WBBM. Cannot really complain, because I logged a nice ID on Radio Coro, which is a new station and country.

On several recordings that I’ve heard the Morse Code sounded “strange”—and I’m not sure why. I’ll review all the tools that we’re using to generate the test material and get to the bottom of it before we do another test.

Glad to hear that the sweep tunes continue to cut through the noise like a knife through butter. Nice catch!

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.

Perseus SDR, Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy + Discovery, SDRPlay RSP-2 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD [XDR Guy Modified], Dennon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1X, Ray Dees RDS Decoders, Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Kitz Technologies KT-501 Pre-amps, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.

“Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else’s favorite song…”

On Feb 20, 2020, at 9:58 AM, Jim B <jim01028@...> wrote:

I was just reviewing my recording of the kkoh test. The morse code around 12:04 est sounds like kcos. I also heard a series of 32 or 33 sweep tones around 2:56 or 1:56 est.  Jim in Springfield Ma.