Re: 2019 Shootout?

Les Rayburn

Thank you, that’s exactly the information that I was looking for. I own the original CC Crane Skywave. Are there any opinions on if it’s worth upgrading to the SSB model?

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.

Perseus SDR, Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy + Discovery, SDRPlay RSP-2 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD [XDR Guy Modified], Dennon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1X, Ray Dees RDS Decoders, Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Kitz Technologies KT-501 Pre-amps, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.

“Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else’s favorite song…”

On Jan 23, 2020, at 4:13 PM, Chris Rogers <crvee8@...> wrote:

After a recent trip dxing with the Ultralight expert Gary Debock in Kauai, this same topic was discussed. Gary has tested extensively nearly all the serious radios that fit into the Ultralight category, and the current receiver of choice that gives the best performance and fits into the Ultralight class is still the CC Crane Skywave, both SSB and non SSB models.