Re: Try Something New This Winter!

Paul Blundell

That sounds like a good idea but I don't know how that would work here. I was thinking something that anybody could be a part of.

Paul

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 2:01 PM Peter Laws <plaws0@...> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 8:43 PM Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:

> I would like to encourage us as a group to look at running some form of "challenge" or contest in 2020 to really get our group moving and encourage more operations.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas?

IRCA has a stations heard contest.  This year (I think it's different
every year?  Not sure) the stations' calls need to have certain
letters in them to "count".  A little easier for IRCA since most
members are in North America, so targets are somewhat limited.  One of
the rules is that you have to hear the callsign spoken.  :-)   Fun,
but I don't know if it translate to a group with world-wide -- well,
at least in the Anglosphere, anyway -- membership.

Paul - Moderator
UltralightDX