Re: Try Something New This Winter!

Peter Laws

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 8:43 PM Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:

I would like to encourage us as a group to look at running some form of "challenge" or contest in 2020 to really get our group moving and encourage more operations.

Does anybody have any ideas?

IRCA has a stations heard contest. This year (I think it's different
every year? Not sure) the stations' calls need to have certain
letters in them to "count". A little easier for IRCA since most
members are in North America, so targets are somewhat limited. One of
the rules is that you have to hear the callsign spoken. :-) Fun,
but I don't know if it translate to a group with world-wide -- well,
at least in the Anglosphere, anyway -- membership.