918KHz- 2XXL Cooma - Now on FM

Paul Blundell

Last night I was turning around the bands when I came across an announcement on 918KHz which I normally hear 2XXL from Cooma on. They have now moved to FM and on their previous frequency they are running an announcement that they have moved to the FM band (as per this link: https://www.2xl.com.au/)

I am unsure how long they will be continuing to run this announcement for, once it stops this will open up this frequency for a couple DX targets:

4VL - Charleville - Commercial - 2k
6NA - Narrogin - Commercial - 2k

While it is always sad when another station moves to the FM band, it does have the benefit for me of clearing another frequency for other stations to be tracked down.

Paul - Moderator
UltralightDX