Re: 531 kHz UnID-- Ausralian Assistance Needed (Again)

William Renton

Hi Gary,

The weather report and its presenter sounds much like the very detailed reports given on 4KZ. I could only conclusively identify 'showers and thunderstorms' and 'SE winds', a common forecast for Far North Queensland in November. The weather report is usually followed by an ID 'on the KZ radio network' but I think your signal fades at the critical time. The female presenter is probably from a syndicated show so it's not much assistance.

At the very start of the clip I think some national weather was given; I think I can hear 'Canberra' and 'Townsville' mentioned. This would rule out the Kiwis. Sorry I couldn't find a 'smoking gun' on this occasion.

Best regards,

Will.