Re: New style FSL Part 2

Dean wayman

Hi Bill;
Nope the nulls are very sharp, in fact much sharper than my regularly wound FSL's . as far as a distorted pattern I haven't seen that . These loops have a figure -of -eight pattern ,gain is in line with  the loop and nulls to the side . So in other words the front edge of the loop points directly at the station being received .
I don't know if i can explain this part ? ...but  the Flux which the loop generates is concentrated on the inside and outside edge of the windings not on the ferrite  itself . I found a very detailed article on this but have lost it . look around the net maybe it will pop up ?

Dean W.