Re: New style of FSL........I think ?

vbifyz

I am not an expert in ferrite antennas, just have a gut feeling: shouldn't the rods be moved more to the center, so that they are not sticking outside of the coil?
Intuitively, the magnetic material should be in the desired path of the magnetic field lines - inside the coil, not outside. The ferrite outside of the coil may actually "short circuit" the field lines and reduce the antenna effective height.
I am sure it still concentrates the field in the vicinity of the coil, but maybe not in the most efficient way.

Mike AF7KR