Re: 540 kHz UnID-- Australian English Assistance Needed (Again)

Gary DeBock

Thanks William, Andy and Richard,

Your helpful assistance on deciphering 540-Rhema's Kiwi English is greatly appreciated! I never could have figured any of this out by myself.

You would think that after having "discovered" the New Zealand MW-DX oriented "Kiwi Cliff" on the Oregon coast in 2011 I would at least have made some progress in understanding the Kiwi English accent, but to me the Japanese and Cantonese recordings are easier to figure out. Kiwi English and Maori seem equally challenging.

A few years back I sent a strange UnID language recording to my Kiwi transplant buddy Theo Donnelly, asking for his opinion of the language. He immediately chastised me for not recognizing that it was Kiwi English.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)