Re: 540 kHz UnID-- Australian English Assistance Needed (Again)

Richard Allen

Gary:

It’s definitely New Zealand.  Hawks Bay & Gisborne are on the east coast of the North Island of Aotearoa.

Good listening.

Richard Allen.

On Dec 3, 2019, at 05:45, Gary DeBock via Groups.Io <D1028Gary@...> wrote:

This 540 kHz recording was made in Poipu, Hawaii at 1503 UTC on November 6th, and features a male speaker giving some sports news and a weather report. I suspect this is 540-4QL in Longreach, Australia with some local programming. The signal is strong enough, but with the accent I can't really pick out any local names to make sure the signal isn't Rhema from NZ. The weather report seems to have quite a few place names, all unfamiliar to me. Any Australian or NZ native speaker could probably dig out all the details very easily... help!  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/2842z2ptalg40wu9368645fbb79u76he

73, Gary DeBock (DXing in Poipu, Hawaii from November 2-8)