Re: 540 kHz UnID-- Australian English Assistance Needed (Again)

William Renton

Hi Gary,

This is definitely the Kiwi with NZ English and mention of NZ weather including ‘Gisborne, Hawkes Bay and Wairarapa’.

Best regards,

Will.

On 3 Dec 2019, at 22:45, Gary DeBock via Groups.Io <D1028Gary@...> wrote:

This 540 kHz recording was made in Poipu, Hawaii at 1503 UTC on November 6th, and features a male speaker giving some sports news and a weather report. I suspect this is 540-4QL in Longreach, Australia with some local programming. The signal is strong enough, but with the accent I can't really pick out any local names to make sure the signal isn't Rhema from NZ. The weather report seems to have quite a few place names, all unfamiliar to me. Any Australian or NZ native speaker could probably dig out all the details very easily... help!  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/2842z2ptalg40wu9368645fbb79u76he

73, Gary DeBock (DXing in Poipu, Hawaii from November 2-8)