Re: coupling loop

Steve Ratzlaff

Hi Dean,

I'm not sure what you're trying to do but in the Files, the opening page at the bottom is a .pdf called "matching transformers using binocular core". Maybe that will give you some ideas.

https://ultralightdx.groups.io/g/main/files/5%20Antennas%20and%20Equipment/Matching%20transformers%20using%20Binocular%20%20Core.pdf

I've never tried coupling a FSL to a radio other than the usual inductive coupling by setting the radio near the FSL.

73,

Steve

On 11/15/2019 6:13 PM, Dean wayman wrote:
Hi:

I was just thinking ;
I"ve have made a   dirty- lash-up  coupling loop for another project ,this is the first attempt that i have made and i want to get it right ,,but i was thinking is there a relationship between turns on the coupling loop (that sets next to the radio ) and the pickup loop on a FSL ? , ,,Should they be the same uH or different values ?

I'm thinking about  max transfer to the radio of the fsl ,,and effects on the loop too ,,any ideas ? thoughts ?

Thanks
Dean