Re: Cruise ship dxing

Jim Hill

I did some beacon band DXing from a cruise ship many years ago, and had no problems.  Many fluorescent lights, but the weather protection seemed to shield the lights.  I used a battery operated portable radio on deck, near the rail.
Jim

At 03:50 AM 11/4/2019, you wrote:

I will soon by leaving on a southern Caribbean cruise.Our cabin has a balcony which may be good to dx from. I plan to take along a newly acquired C.Crane Skywave SSB ,a Grundig G2 and possibly a Tecsun PL-380.Has anyone in the group done any cruise ship dxing ? Do any of you have any recommendations ? Thanks for any help.Carl DeWhitt,KI5SF,Maryville,TN