Re: Oklahoma TP DX 10-20-19

Richard Allen <dx747j@...>

William:

Yes, I managed to receive 3LO back in 2016., and at a level that I could be identified.  At the time it was broadcasting a program in parallel with Radio Australia (later heard via a podcast).  Sadly the ABC deemed its short wave service obsolete and shut down a few months later.   Since then,  I’ve heard 3LO  again - earlier this month.

I heard audio 2BL a couple of times in 2016.  Its carrier signal is frequently heard here local sunrise in the form of a heterodyne.  But chances of hearing audio on 702 kHz are impeded by XEGN and another Mexican station.

Also, in 2016, I heard bits and pieces of audio from 4BC,  but not enough to confirm it.

I often hear a strong heterodyne on 612 kHZ, especially around the autumnal equinox.  It has remained elusive owning to KCSP on 610.

Good DX.

Richard.

On Oct 20, 2019, at 16:25, William Renton via Groups.Io <william_renton@...> wrote:

Hi Richard,

Interesting results. Have you ever managed to receive Australia at audible levels from Perry, OK? The carrier was most likely 4QD Emerald.

There is one guy from Michigan (kilokat7 on YT) who regularly receives Australia around the equinox months.

Best regards,

William.

On Monday, 21 October 2019, 12:27:58 am AEDT, Richard Allen via Groups.Io <dx747j@...> wrote:

TP DX was somewhat improved here today (LSR 1242).
567 unID (JOIK?) trace of signal at 1201 and 1232.
594 JOAK poor with what sounded like a sports event at 1217.
603 unID trace of signal at 1231.
693 JOAB barely audible in KGGF slop at 1229.
702 unID strong carrier from NW at 1219.
738 unID weak carrier in KRMG slop at 1220.
747 JO|B poor at 1002 and 1216.
774 JOUB poor at 1026; fair at 1048 on R75; fair on Skywave at 1100; poor at 1215.
828 JOBB poor // JOUB at 1229.
972 HLCA barely audible on R75 at 1046; fair on Skywave at 1102.
1134 JOQR barely audible to poor at 1136-1144s; fading in and out barely audible at 1209-1212.
1287 JOHR barely audible talk heard on Skywave with FSL at 0931-0934, not heard afterward.
1548 unID carrier from DU at sunrise.
Most of the stations heard today were with the Skywave receiver coupled to an ALA1530LNP aerial.  Its advantage over the FSL is it doesn’t require tuning.

Good DX.

Richard Allen, near Perry OK USA>