Re: Holiday - Possible DXing Targets

Gary DeBock

Hello William (and Paul),

Welcome to the group, William!

Since long range Australian DX is one of our annual targets at the Rockwork ocean cliff in Oregon, I have always had a special interest in your country's stations, as well as Australian DXers. In a couple of weeks Chris Rogers of Narre Warren, Victoria will be joining Craig Barnes and yours truly in an Ultralight DXpedition to Poipu, Hawaii, which is a tremendous stroke of luck for us. He is very skillful in chasing South American and Caribbean DX, having just scored amazing results in his June Rarotonga trip. That type of DX never shows up at the Rockwork cliff, which tends to block out any type DX not coming from the South Pacific. So we would have been willing to trade three first round draft picks in order to get him! :-) Of course DXing in Hawaii is a tough job with many distractions, but somebody's got to do it (photo attached).

Have fun during your cruise, Paul, and may the Ferrite Force be with you!

73, Gary DeBock, N7EKX (in Puyallup, WA, USA)