Re: Group Stats / Future Plans

Andy ZL3AG

Private is the way to go, IMHO.

The group data transfer is easy, but no longer free. I imagine they're being bombarded with transfer requests right now, for the people who didn't see the writing on the wall years ago. groups.io is going down for maintenance soon for 2 hours- probably to upgrade their systems to cope with the onslaught!

The guy running groups.io is the one who originally built Yahoo Groups before Yahoo bought it out and screwed it up. Yahoo = Inverted Midas Touch.

On 17/10/19 5:36 pm, Todd via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Gary,
With the demise of Yahoo Groups scheduled for Dec 14, 2019, I have the responsibility of transferring the ICDX, and ICDX Australia AM/FM/TV DX groups to the groups.io website.
I was automatically invited and transferred from the former Ultralight Radio Yahoo group. I didn't even need a password.
When creating a new groups.io group, there is the option of displaying all messages and content to anyone on the Internet. Even non-members can read posts. Does this create a potential problem with spam? If spammers have access to individual e-mail addresses in message posts, they could record this for later use. Has anyone had issues with increased spam associated with full public access DX discussion groups such as ultralightdx.groups.io? <https://ultralightdx.groups.io/>
If so, I may elect to create new groups as hidden from general public view, i.e. only members can view postings.
I gather the message posts and files transfer from Yahoo Groups was easy enough.
Regards,
Todd
_._,_._,_